I was simply taken aback when Kathy form kathyscrafts.blog said she wanted to nominate me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. To be honest, I wasn’t sure what that was. I am really new at this and I have only been blogging for a year. So when I looked up what this award was, I was truly humbled. Thank you so much Kathy for nominating me, I am so glad that my blog brings you inspiration and sunshine!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award for bloggers who spread “sunshine” to the blogging world.
The rules for this award are fairly easy:
- Thank the blogger/s who nominated you.
- Use the “Sunshine Blogger Award” logo on your post and list the rules.
- Answer the 11 questions the selector asks of you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 bloggers who you want to give the award to.
- Notify your nominees through social media or by commenting on their blog of their nomination.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions of your own that you have selected for them to answer.
These are the questions from Kathy’s Crafts and Things https://kathyscrafts.blog…
- When did you start on your creative journey and were you inspired by anyone?
- If you had time to learn a new language, what language would you choose to learn?
- What is your favorite product or item that you use in your creative process?
- If time travel was safe and possible, what point in history might you like to visit and why then?
- What new creative skill would you like to learn to add to what you already know?
- If you could visit any city or place in the world to help inspire you to new creative heights, what city or place might that be and why?
- Do you have a favorite animal that you like or that inspires you?
- If you eat salad, what are your favorite things you like in your salad? And favorite dressing for your salad?
- What new-do-it-yourself thing/skill would you like to learn?
- If you could teach a child only one thing that would help them make their way in life, what would that one thing be?
- When you aren’t with the people you know and care about, or even people you have just met, what nice thing do they hopefully say about you or that you want them to say about you?
These are my answers to Kathy’s questions:
- For as long as I can remember I have always been an artist. I was always drawing, painting and crafting as a child. My grandmother inspired me to make to make things from nothing, to create, and invent.
- I know conversational Spanish (however I need to practice more). I also took Brazillian Portuguese in college but I have forgotten most of it. I would like to revisit both languages so one day I can read, write and speak fluently.
- My favorite product I use in my creative process depends on what type of medium I am working with. For colored pencils and watercolor pencils, I prefer Faber-Castel. I also like their PITT marker because they are made with India ink and are light-fast. For college, gotta have the Mod Podge. For adding images to scrapbooks, cards, Bujo, or TN, I love vellum. I’ll stop there because I could go on and on!
- If I could go back in time I would love to live in the roaring ’20s. I’d be a flapper girl and have my own Vaudeville act.
- I love fiber arts and textile art. I would love to learn how to spin my own yarn and dye it. Secretly I have always wanted an Alpaca…
- I would love to visit India. I would love to take a photojournalism trip to document the Buddhist monks and stay with them.
- I love Manatees. I also love animals that are so ugly that only a mother could love. (That’s what my Grandma always said.) For instance, English Bulldogs, Basset Hounds, Sphynx cat the weirder the better.
- When I eat salad, I have to have like every veggie in there. Bacon, avocado, and an egg work well with a protein salad with honey mustard vinaigrette.
- I would like to learn how to use a Comand Line Prompt. It’s a different way to talk to the computer. That way I could troubleshoot my computer whenever it acts up.
- If there is one thing I could teach a child to help them make their way in life it would have to be, “Live it” Do everything, try everything, experience everything.
- The small talk I have with people is usually funny exchanges about life. At least I hope they think it’s funny, and not like “there’s that crazy lady who thinks she’s a comedian.”
My Sunshine Blogger Award nominees are:
- Double Pie https://doublepie.blog
- Little Fears https://littlefears.co.uk
- CoffeeCatPastor https://crazycoffeecat.blog
- The Artful Pea https://theartfulpea.com
- Shreya Vikram https://themidnightember.wordpress.com
Congratulations to the nominees! Thank you for sharing your creative, clever, crafty and interesting blogs! And you all deserve an award! I always look forward to your new blog posts!
My questions for my nominees are:
- Why did you start a blog? What was your inspiration?
- Who is your favorite artist?
- What is the best advice you were ever given?
- If you could bring only one thing with you on a deserted island what would it be?
- Are you a Cat person or a Dog person?
- What is your favorite tool/product you use in your craft?
- Can you explain your creative process?
- If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
- Would you prefer to take a road trip or a flight?
- Do you play a musical instrument? If so, what kind? If not, what would like to play?
- How do you relax and unwind?
So, there you go! Thank you for reading my Sunshine Blogger Award nomination post! Thank you again, Kathy, for the nomination! Who would have thought? I am very grateful and humbled.
With much gratitude,